Wednesday 19 December 2012

To Tree or Not to Tree....Traditional or Alternative Christmas Trees

I think it might have been fashionable in the 70's to have fake Christmas trees, I can remember our family tree, it was fairly modest in size and had branches that reminded me of bottle brushes. Despite it being fake it still had a magical quality to it and to me a tree is the corner stone of Christmas decor. I would forego all other decorations as long as I could still have a tree, it's like having a guest in the house for a couple of weeks silently standing in the corner looking pretty.
 
It was only as I got older that real trees became the preference. Fashions come and go and these days there is a tree out there for everyone whatever their taste and space limitations. Some alternative tree ideas are innovative, quirky and aesthetically pleasing and still manage to capture the magic of Christmas. Check out the trees below, which one would you choose?
 
 
::tree 1 - The faketastic perfectly pointy Christmas tree in a box - dependable and reliable, year after year::
 
 
::tree 2 - What's not to like, even with no clothes on this tree looks good not to mention the fresh smell of pine. The only down side is those pesky dropped needles that the hoover never seems to pick up.  Still, it's my favourite tree choice::

 
::tree 3 - Sorry but this does not do it for me, I get the space saving qualities of this tree and the quirky qualities it possesses but it still doesn't pull my cracker!!::
 
 
::tree 4 - This would be a close contender for me, bringing the inside outside,  a real potted tree that can be planted afterwards.  Eco friendly and looks great, less is more in this case::


::tree 5 - A method favoured by my lovely Mum, the sprayed and adorned budget friendly branch, its zen like qualities ooze style.  It provides a great silhouette, what the heck I'll have a tree and a branch::
 


::tree 6 - Innovative, simple, up-cycled and blooming lovely.  I'd have this one all year round, whats not to like?::
 


::tree 7 - We are wood fans in our house and this beauty ticks all the boxes, much like tree 6 its innovative and up-cycled qualities add to its simple yet elegant look, somewhat Scandinavian in style me thinks::

 
::tree 8 - Last and definitely not least, this tree is fantastic, a wonderwall of delight.  I would spend hours just looking at this tree.  If I'd composed this beauty myself I'd of loved choosing each artifact to adorn the festive wall.  This could be adapted for any time of the year, a great idea, wish I'd thought of it::
 
Image sources:
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. we have big branches of contorted willow in a silver pot of sand in our dining room: they came from our neighbours garden when the tree had died: we call them 'the twigs': they wear little white fairy lights and live there all year long: there are a few bells and hearts and trinkets on there but at Easter and Christmas they are adorned with little hanging things for the season: we love our twigs! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice idea, I love the inside outside aspect. You can't beat a twig or two :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of the real tree. I do love funky twig trees for apartment living (which is where we are now) but my hay-fever and allergy ridden fiancée's Mum bought us a fake tree. It is one of the nicest fakies I've seen though...
    Wanted to let you know that I tagged you in an ultimate Christmas wish list challenge. If you would like to participate you can find the details here:
    http://ducklovesrooster.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/christmas-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I have seen some really good fakes, I'm just not a fan of the upside down tree, it look like it would fall over! I'm intrigued to find out more about the Christmas wish list challenge, I'll check it out. Thank you for tagging me. Have a great christmas x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...