Thursday 28 February 2013

Turn That Frown Upside Down




Goodbye February, no offence but I'm glad you've gone, it's been a bit of a rubbish start to the year and we've had a run of bad luck what with one thing or another.

1. January saw the Noro virus come and NOT go as quickly as I would have liked.

2. February bought car crash number one, smash! bang! straight in the back of my stationary car (not my fault), everyone was fine but it caused £1400 of damage which luckily we don't have to pay.

3. This then led on to two weeks of awful sinusitis; I've never had this before, oooowwww is all I can say. Never again will I think it's just a bad case of congestion, any of you who are regular sufferers I sympathise with you. It's a real stinker of a condition.

4. The day after I had my car returned from the body works garage I then had a freak accident which ended up with my car head first in a ditch. You can imagine my embarrassment at having to phone up the same garage and explain the situation. My children (2 and 5 years old) were in the car for both crashes and were fantastic, needless to say I am a very proud mum.

5. Finally a lump was found in my breast and a hospital appointment quickly booked.

Phew, sorry for the rant, I don't tend to do this on my blog, but as they say a problem shared is a problem halved.

Anyway all this turbulence of late has led to me thinking about luck or fate, whatever you want to call it. Surely it's my turn to have some good luck? However if you think about it rather than having a run of bad luck I have actually had a run of enormous good fortune! Here's why.

1. No one was hurt badly in both accidents, the result could have been much worse, potentially fatal!

2. The car that hit me was fully insured with very apologetic conscientious owners, thus resulting in a situation that was easily resolved.

3. I lost 7lb due to having the Noro virus (every cloud.....).

4. The sinusitis has gone (thank God).

5. I had my hospital appoint today and after a mammogram and ultrasound got the ALL CLEAR.

So many of my lovely and much loved family and friends have been very supportive and this has added to my feelings of good fortune and well being.
Just by changing my perspective on the past couple of months I now feel overwhelmingly blessed, I really am a very lucky girl. So as those Monty Python boys say 'always look on the bright side of life'!



Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are on the mend-lets hope thats all your bad luck over with for the year and that the next 10 months are packed full of the good stuff x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Max, let's hope so. All's well that ends well xx

      Delete
  2. blimey luvvie you have had a bumpy start to the year!
    here's to forward thinking and some Spring in our steps ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes puuuurlease! Bring on the Spring, the daffs are nearly out!! x

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, thank goodness you are out the other side of all of that!!!! What a month!!!
    I woke thinking that the weather would 'know' it was March and respond appropriately, gutted.
    Never mind, it can be too much longer, surely???? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure our good luck is just around the corner. Spring is here it's just bl@@dy cold! The clocks change this month so longer lighter days :) I hope you are well xx

      Delete
  4. You must have been so relieved to get the all-clear. Here's to a happy, lucky, positive rest of this year for you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very relieved, thank you for your lovely good wishes xx

      Delete
  5. Wow what a shocking start, but that's wonderful you have found the silver lining in all that mess and yeah for the all clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me feel so much better just looking for a positive in all the negative. Here's to a great year for all xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness Lou! You are well overdue for some luck! I'm so glad that you and yours are ok, and that you've come through with a positive twist on it all. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roll on summer, everything looks better on a sunny day. Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...