Wednesday 8 August 2012

Blueberry Muffins



The summer baking continues.....

I had some blueberry's and Greek yogurt that needed to be used up and I wanted to make a cake or muffins.  I only had one egg left and no butter but plenty of vegetable oil.  I decided to type my ingredients into google and see what I got.  The muffins in the photo above were based on the recipe below which came from the Doves Farm website.  I read the feedback given by others who had used the recipe and tweaked the Doves Farm recipe according to their suggestions which was to reduce the vegetable oil and add extra yogurt to compensate.  The result was a light and tasty muffin with lots of gooey blueberry's.  Click on the link to see the original recipe or try the recipe below.


Ingredients

150g/5oz self raising flour
100g/3.5oz caster sugar
100g/3.5oz fresh blueberry's
75g/2.5oz sunflower or vegetable oil
3tbsps natural yogurt
1 egg

Method

1. beat together the sugar, yogurt, oil and egg
2. mix in the flour
3. mix in the blueberry's
4. spoon into cake cases placed on a baking tray
5. bake in a preheated oven 190°C/375°F for 20-25mins

Easy as pie...or cake!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...